Quiz and Swap
Goal 5: Gender Equality
Quiz and Swap
Each person gets a card with a question on one side and the answer on the other (Print outs below). Everyone walks around the room, asks the nearest person the question for them to answer, and then provides the correct response. Reverse roles so the other person asks their question, and checks the correct answer. Swap cards after you have asked each other your question.
– Find a new person and repeat the process.
Throughout the game, the “game-master” will swap out used cards with new questions from the pile.
Health, sexuality and family education
Less than 1 hour
13 – 21 years old
- Knowledge of Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Knowledge of women’s rights around the world
- Knowledge about other countries
Lifelong learning key competences
Social and civic competences
Cards – with questions.
Print the questions (cards)
Useful videos to introduce the goal/theme:
The story of Human Rights (ca. 10 min.)
Gender Equality: Now (3 min)
Gender equality means empowering women and girls(2 min)
Discrimination Against Women
Print and cut out each question/answer.
Each student gets a card. Let the students walk around and ask each other the question. When both have posed and answered the question – then swap card and find a new partner.
Complete the reflection work sheet connected to goal no. 5
The first part of the work sheet is to be completed before class, but the remaining parts are to be used for summing up and evaluating the theme in class.
Follow up suggestions
– Each person writes down the factual information that they remember best, were most surprised by, etc.
– Collectively share these statements on the board.
– Group reflection (2-3 people): Look at the statements and consider sustainable and/or developmental recommendations to these.
– Sum up collectively.
Look at the other exercises connected to goal no. 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation