Pick a Goal
All of the Global Goals
The Global Goals (SDG) – Pick a goal
Exercises to warm up for the work with the Global Goals.
13 – 20 years old
- Is there any connection between the goals?
- Exercise to warm up for discussing on how and why the goals are integrated and indivisible.
Lifelong learning key competences
Each one of the participants chooses a signboard with one of the Global Goals. If there are more than 17 participants, make more than one signboard with each goal.
The participants are to stand in a circle showing their signboards to each other. They then pick out two (without telling whom) who has goals that somehow seem to have a connection with their own goal. Either because they are interrelated like poverty and starvation, or because they seem incompatible but might, on second thought, have a huge potential and innovative feature in it, like for instance goal 9 and 15.
When everyone has pick out two goals, you should now instruct them to stand with an equal distance from their “partners”, and to keep this distance when you shortly after tell them to move around in the room. If the flow too soon comes to a standstill, ask the participants to, one at a time, move to another place in the room. After some time when the flow again stops, ask the participants what happened. In turn, ask them which two goals they were targeting and why they chose exactly these goals.
Initiate a discussion on how the goals interconnect and are inter-dependent, and which of them, they (the participants) think the countries should focus their efforts on at first. Which solutions will have a beneficial effect on the realizing of the other goals etc.
Follow up suggestions
General discussion in the class
• What is the background of the Global Goals?
• Are they realizable?
• Are there any alternatives?
• Are there any changes in your everyday life you can make to help accomplish the goals?
• Will it change anything?
• Will it change anything if you are not one of the pioneers?
• From a long-term perspective, which effects will your future choices have?
Signboards with the Global Goals.